CurvyPixelCurvyPixel

Furry Paw of Death Furry Paw of Death

Bloody great

Hey HizuPlague,

--Production--
In all its bloody glory, this is amazing quality animation with a great interest factor. There is a lot of bloodshed, and a lot of ninja swords. The music goes perfectly with the theme of the flash, and the length is full enough for the idea to be fully fleshed out (no pun intended).

--Experience--
An ultraviolent gorefest of ninja people, it's no wonder that this has got the rating it has. This is all-out, no-holds-barred fight scenes, and we all know every body likes good action. There are interesting bosses and tons of grunts for our hero to finish off. Spectacular.

--Style--
You being inspired by the ninja and samurai movies is a good thing, since you know what the genre requires. Lots of weapons, fighting, blood and action, almost to the point of sadistic. There are a few points where I had to look away, but mostly it was a thrilling ride.

--Wow Factor--
The initial scenes with names on it are well-made and amazingly detailed, and set the scene of a peaceful village under siege. Myself, I prefer less blood, but for stylistic purposes, a lot of people enjoy this amount.

--Personal Tilt--
The whole thing is superb. The ending is also fantastic, with the contrast of two fighters: "the best to fight, and the bravest to fight." It shows that heart and skill are two separable things, and they should be treated as such. Mostly this is an examination of the braggadocious nature of the- Ah, forget it, this is awesome mindless bloody action, with no need for a deeper magnification. Thanks for letting me watch!

--Production-- = 20/20

Fusushi Tuna Fusushi Tuna

Deadpan ultraviolence

Hey The-Mercenary,

--Production--
The animations aren't of the highest quality, nor the most smooth, but the story is mostly told in screenshots as if in a book. I was fond of this way of telling the tale, backed by a papery texture and extremely deadpan voiceover. A stylish combination.

--Experience--
The whole affair is very unsettling, yet funny at the same time. You keep hoping for the "Chozen 1" to win against Fusushi Tuna, and each time it seems as if that's about to happen, but it doesn't. This constant dashing of hopes is successful, and at the very end, it shocks you so much that you are almost repulsed. That can be a good or bad quality.

--Style--
The deadpan quality of your voice combined with the hyperviolent nature of the story provides an interesting dynamic. The only thing I might change is your almost offensive comments about the slenderness of Chinese eyes.

--Wow Factor--
The original impression is underwhelming, however as the story goes on, it gets more and more interesting. By the end you are engrossed by the plot twists and turns so that you are mesmerized by the movie. This provides a degree of amazement.

--Personal Tilt--
I was not sure whether to be amused or repulsed at some points during this flash. It's an interesting blend of dynamics that produce a certain type of humour, which may not be my type of humour. But at least it is original and an exciting step in a new direction. Well done.

--Production-- = 17/20

Friendship. Friendship.

Heartfelt and Dark

Hey funkycaveman,

--Production--
The art was brilliant and the animation amazingly smooth. Considering the time frame required, small lapses such as the weird blowing of the hair in the wind, and the inconsistent looping of the rain sample, are overlooked. You have done great for the time required.

--Experience--
The flash was slow-moving, and emotional, right until the very end. It set up the mood perfectly for the shocking ending, which I believe was apt. The cruelty of the ending was haunting, and raw. However, the pace could have still been improved, since at some points it feels more than achingly slow.

--Style--
The style was emotional and heartfelt, a flash to ponder over rather than critically analyze. It had interesting soulful benefits, such as the examination of a friendship, "the only unsinkable ship". It was very stylish and well presented.

--Wow Factor--
There was a certain wow factor with the slick animation and the wonderful characterisation, but I felt we could have been more intimately involved with the characters. Maybe something outside the montage of specific things they did, like make a fire, going out for a fly, or feeding the bird. That would enhance the relationship even further.

--Personal Tilt--
I liked the forward-thinking nature of this. In the age of egoraptor flashes and "asdfmovie3"s, there doesn't seem much room for thinking movies like this. That's why I like the daring nature of this piece and its willingness to go past the norm. Well done.

--Production-- = 17/20
--Experience-- = 19/20
--Style-- = 14/20
--Wow Factor-- = 13/20
--Personal Tilt-- = 14/20

OVERALL SCORE: 77/100

funkycaveman responds:

Thanks for the review. You clearly understand the difficulties of animating something with only 48 hours to do so. We will take all of your comments into consideration, this will improve future flashes created by use, as part of a team or not.